There is a direct connection between the health of your internal systems and the level of energy and vibrancy that you outwardly display on a daily basis. “Knowledge is power” and with knowledge you have the power to make decisions and create positive change in your own life and help others do the same.
In our mission to “Influence Americans to Make Health and Fitness a Lifestyle, Not A Goal” we must encourage every person (adult and child) to engage in healthy lifestyle practices on a daily basis. As individuals, we all require a specific type, volume and ratio of physical movement to rest and recovery, the right nutrients to fuel and refuel the body, and even the right kind of positive thinking and sense of self identity to defend our minds and bodies against aging, illness, and disease.
Please use what is outlined below as a guide; and as you become more familiar with what you specifically need to make health and fitness part of your lifestyle, feel free to make your own adjustments! Good luck!
Your Anti Aging and Disease Defense Plan
- 7 Days a week: practice deep breathing for 2-3 minutes at a time along with gentle stretching or range of motion exercises to enhance the efforts of deep breathing.
- 6 Days a week: move enough to achieve 10,000 steps per day.
- 5 Days a week: participate in moderate intensity physical activity for a minimum of 30 minutes or more.
- 4 Days a week: add extra “10-15 minute bouts” of physical activity.
- 3 Days a week: participate in fat burning interval cardio conditioning to help manage metabolism and body weight.
- 2 Days a week: incorporate vigorous workouts that include resistance training exercise for the major muscle groups and weight-bearing in nature to promote healthy joint and bone strength density.
- 1 Day a week: do some form of cross training activity that is fun and helps keep your calorie burn and motivation high, and your risk for injury low. Choose a physical or leisure activity that you enjoy. If you need help with this, enlist the services of a Sacramento personal trainer.
Now get moving!
Elite In-Home Personal Training